Activities | Golf | Equestrian | Angling | Walking | Country Homes And Gardens | Visitor Attractions | Arts, Crafts And Country Markets | Music | Cycling
Gardens & Country Homes In County Waterford
National award winning gardens in delightful two-acre rural setting. Waterfall, stream, large pond, many special features bog oak displays. Plant sales.
Postal Address: Ballymoat House, Ballymoat, Dunhill, Co. Waterford.
Opening Times: May to September 11-5pm
Contact Person: James McGuire
Telephone: +353 (0)51 396186
Abbey Road Gardens
This mature cottage style garden offers a restful and enjoyable experience to its visitors. Entrance fee includes refreshments.
Postal Address: Abbey Road, Ferrybank, Waterford
Opening Times: June 7th - 30th, 2-6 pm, May - September by appointment
Contact Person: Margaret Power
Telephone: 00 353 (0)51 851111
Fax: 00 353 (0)51 851111
Fairbrook-House, Gardens and Museum of Contemporary Figurative Art
An artists garden, laid out in and between ruins of a former woollen mill (since 1776).Guided tours. Teas on arrival. Appointment only.
Postal Address: Kilmeaden Co. Waterford
Opening Times: 1 May - 30 September
Contact Person: Clary Mastenbroek
Telephone: 00 353 (0) 51 384657
County Waterford boasts some spectacular country homes and gardens that have their doors open to the public. These can be found at various locations throughout the county as follows:
- Lismore Castle Gardens, Lismore, County Waterford. These gardens hang spectacularly over the river Blackwater at the entrance to the town of Lismore. They are open from March 30th to September 29th daily. Contact +353 (0)58 54424 for further details.
- Tramore House & Gardens, Tramore, County Waterford. Waterford County Council have taken the initiative and restored the gardens of this splendid Victorian seaside home in the exuberant period style. The gardens are open from October to April and from May to September daily. Contact +353 (0)51 386303 for further information.
- Curraghmore House & Gardens, Portlaw, County Waterford. Magnificent home of the Marquis of Waterford and his ancestors since 1170. The grounds include a magnificent Arboretum and shell grotto. Contact Lord Waterford on +353 (0)51 387102 for detailed opening hours for the house and gardens.
- Mount Congreve Gardens, Kilmeaden, Waterford, is a large plantman's garden within woodlands and is open all year round from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Tel. +353 (0)51 384115 for further details.
- Tourin House, Cappoquin, is owned by the Jameson family. The house and gardens are open all year round and you can contact Andrea on +353 (0)58 54405 for further information.
- Cappoquin House & Gardens is owned by David Keane and is open at select times. Contact the Keane's on +353 (0)58 54258 for further information.